Time to Read: 5 minutes
Part one of a six-part series
“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” – John Maxwell
Leadership is not a title, it’s the way your business behaves, the way it inspires others, and the way it channels success. A business that is a true leader is focused, passionate, persuasive and driven. Your company’s voice won’t say, “Go!” It will say, “Let’s go!”
Would you consider your business a leader in channel marketing? In this blog we will give the main overview of these five questions:
- Do You View Your Dealers as a Partner Essential to Your Success?
- Do Your Dealers View You as a Partner Essential to Their Success?
- Are You Providing Your Dealers with the Tools Needed to Succeed?
- Are You Providing Your Dealers with Exceptional Service as You Would to Your Customers?
- Are You Providing Your Dealers the Digital Tools Necessary to Successfully Navigate the Complex Digital Landscape and Opportunities?
By answering these questions, your business will discover whether you’re truly are a leader or a follower. Let’s go!
Do You View Your Dealers as a Partner Essential to Your Success?
When you view your dealers as more than a distribution network, but a partner essential to your success, your relationship will be strong through the ups and downs of the economic times. Some elements to building that strong relationship are:
- Creating strong co-marketing channel programs that simplify the process and engage and empower your dealer network to execute in alignment with your goals.
- Strong communications that keep the dealers in the loop and aligned with your marketing goals, efforts and strategies.
- Listening to your dealer networks’ needs and providing a platform for feedback on a continuous basis, inquiring them for their input on how to improve and be successful.
When you view your dealers as a partner in your success, you create a circle of trust and everyone wins.
Do Your Dealers View You as a Partner Essential In Their Success?
If you are a leader in channel marketing, your dealers will view you as a partner essential to their success as well. So, how do you know?
- Do they feel your marketing initiatives add value to their business and are designed to help them grow?
- Do you provide them with turnkey digital marketing support?
- Do you offer effective co-marketing programs and tools with best-in-class technology and high touch concierge support services that they can use to help leverage your brand grow their business?
By answering these questions, you will know whether your dealers view you as more than a manufacturer, but an actual partner in their success.
Are You Providing Your Dealer with the Tools Needed to Succeed?
To know whether you are a true leader in channel marketing, you must evaluate whether you are providing your dealers with the necessary tools needed to succeed. Here are some key questions to ask.
- Are you helping to build and manage effective co-op and MDF programs that drive results at the local level as well as provide strong demand generation and brand equity ROI?
- Do your fund and incentive programs and tools help increase sales and exposure but save your dealers time and money?
- Do you offer your dealers tools that allow them to have easy access to download and customize brand-approved advertising?
- Do you offer your dealers turnkey digital marketing tools and content to give them a competitive advantage in the digital space?
If the answer is “no” to these questions, you are not at the leadership level yet.
Are You Providing Your Dealers with Exceptional Service?
Did you know, 86% of buyers will pay more for a better customer service experience? Customer service is key when it comes to being a leader and having a healthy relationship with your dealers. If you are a true leader in channel marketing, you are treating your channel partners the same way you treat your customers. Every touch point your dealer network has with all your marketing initiatives is an extension of your brand and having a dedicated, devoted, and passionate team to support channel partners will result in trust, strong relationships and a higher share of account.
Are You Providing Your Dealers with the Digital Tools Necessary to Succeed?
Today every brand and their dealer should be using digital marketing. Period. It has proven itself to be a worthy and effective marketing channel that absolutely helps cultivate your company’s brand. Digital marketing increases visibility, gains customers, and builds your reputation, which inevitably expands your business. Different methods include:
- Online Reputation Management
- Social Media Content and Advertising
- Online Directories Management
Are you offering your dealers these digital tools and programs needed to succeed? If not, you have some work to do.
Stay tuned for the rest of our six-part series where we will dive into these five key main questions and provide you with tips on how to improve. Part two will discuss “Do You View Your Dealers as a Partner or Simply a Distribution Network?”
Add your tips on how your business is adjusting the sails in the comments below! If you have any questions or would like to learn more, please visit us here.
Corporate Marketing Specialist