Time to Read: 3 minutes
The other week I had the opportunity to talk to 25 of our client brands dealers on the phone about their digital marketing efforts, and boy was I shocked with what I found. Although many of them were posting to the major digital platforms of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, almost none of them had heard of online reputation and listing management. They didn’t know it was possible to respond to Google and Yelp reviews in a single dashboard or guarantee their online information was accurate and up to date. Today, brands are constantly reviewing their goals and evaluating the effectiveness of their marketing at the local level through their distribution network. In order for a brand to be successful at the local market, channel partners need to make sure they are utilizing every digital marketing opportunity possible in order to increase awareness, engagement, and ultimately, sales. So, what is one way to boost in-store traffic? Improve local online listings with online listing and reputation management.
How to Choose the Right Online Reputation Service for Your Channel Partners
- Strategy – needs and goals
When it comes to your channel partners digital marketing efforts, there are some key needs and goals you must be aware of. These include:
- Always showing up on first page of Google search results: Did you know, according to Junto, 75% of people never scroll past the first page of search engines? If your channel partners are not showing up on the first page, they will be losing out on customers.
- Acquiring positive Yelp and Google reviews: According to BrightLocal, positive reviews make 73% of consumers trust a local business more.
- Having a 4 or 5 star rating…or people won’t want to visit your business: 48% of people need at least a 4-star rating before choosing a business, according to BrightLocal, and 94% of consumers would use a business with a four star rating. This means your channel partners need to have AT LEAST a 4 star rating.
- Your listing information needs to be accurate or you’ll lose customers: According to BrightLocal, 68% of consumers would stop using a local business if they found incorrect information in online directories. Your channel partners’ local listings always need to be up to date and accurate.
- Customer Service – proactive monitoring and optimization
In the digital media age, your brand needs to have a voice in your dealer channel’s digital and social media efforts. This means taking control of/and monitoring your brand experience across the entire digital landscape. How can you meet these goals? By choosing a partner who offers; dedicated digital marketing specialists who integrate with all of the leading web properties to ensure your entire channel partners’ business information is accurate and up to date, creation and correction of local listings, monthly directory push to maintain consistent listing information, respond to and monitor reviews, as well as provide advanced analytics. Besides meeting your brands needs and goals, your partner should also be providing exceptional customer service. This means responding and monitoring to reviews in a timely fashion and always being ready available to talk to channel partners about any inquires or concerns they may have.
- Added Services – turnkey solutions
Digital is ever evolving and can be very overwhelming to brand marketing teams, let alone your channel partners. Providing them with turnkey digital solutions on relevant platforms based, that are truly local, is the ultimate goal.
At Channel Fusion, our Digital Fusion team consists of digital marketing professionals who are experts in their space. They integrate with all of the leading web properties to ensure your channel partners information is accurate and up to date. Not only do they monitor and respond to reviews, but they also provide advanced analytics, and monitor local listings on 50+ online directories. To learn more about our Digital Fusion team, and how we can help your brand and your channel partners, visit us here! We would love to hear from you. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. If you want to talk further about this topic or have any other questions about your channel programs, give us a call at (319)-294-7501 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate Marketing Specialist