Time to Read: 7 minutes
Part three of a six-part series
In part two of our six-part series, Do You Consider Your Channel Partners Essential to Your Success, we went through the three-main mechanisms and strategies that can help build and sustain strong partnerships with your channel partners. This ultimately helps you determine whether you are a leader or follower in channel marketing. Today we continue with part three of this series, which examines the question, “Do your channel partners consider you essential to their success?”
So, how do you know?
- Do your marketing initiatives add value to their business? Are these initiatives designed to help them grow?
- Do your programs provide turnkey digital marketing support?
- Do your co-marketing programs provide technology and high touch support services to help partners leverage your brand and grow their business?
The answer to these questions will provide clearer insight into whether or not your channel partners view you as more than a manufacturer, but a partner in their achievements.
Do your channel partners feel your marketing initiatives add value to their business and are designed to help them grow?
Sometimes partners are not well versed in marketing tactics such as creating effective messaging, monitoring the results, and spending co-op dollars on advertising that makes an impact. Many clients are challenged by partners who develop advertisements/campaigns that are poorly designed and position the brand improperly. Helping a client deal with this very challenge, we…
- Fully integrated a marketing asset management application, within our turnkey channel marketing portal, to provide channel partners readily accessible branded digital assets.
- Created a custom ad builder technology solution, within the same turnkey portal, to help our client provide their partners with a mechanism to efficiently deploy co-branded customized ads within minutes.
By presenting your partners with effective marketing initiatives that help add value to their business, they will start to consider you essential to their success.
Tip: Evaluate yourself. Do you provide your partners with asset managers and ad-building technology? Are there ways you can build upon the strong programs you already have?
Do your programs provide your channel partners with turnkey digital marketing support?
Digital marketing has become a must for channel partners, providing:
- 2.8 times better revenue growth expectancy
- 3.3 times better chances of expanding their business
- Increased trackability and ROI over traditional media tactics
The biggest problem for brands, though, lies in their voice getting lost in their partner’s efforts. On the flip side, when brands try and regulate this by providing syndicated (generic/duplicate) content, partners become frustrated that their online presence loses some of its identity/personality and is just like every other partner. For dealers to consider you essential to their success, you must provide them with opportunities to overcome similar obstacles and drive demand at the local level. One way we have found to help this situation is to offer, and deliver, data-driven results. As experts in social media marketing, we ensure:
- Brands will have a voice in their channels partners’ social media efforts
- Brand guidelines will be met and followed
- Partners will have brand-approved content scheduled, posted, and created on their behalf
When you provide turnkey digital marketing support like this, you are increasing efficiency and helping fill a common void in partner’s marketing efforts. Ultimately this helps dealers to thrive, while viewing you as a partner that has been instrumental in their success.
Tip: Evaluate yourself. Do you provide your channel partners with turnkey digital marketing support? If so, does this support include the following tactics?
- SEM (search engine marketing)
- Online Reputation/Listing Management
- Individualized Social Media Content Creation and Management
- Website Creation and Optimization
Do your co-marketing programs provide technology and high touch support services to help leverage your brand and grow their business?
Do your partners have problems…
- Submitting co-op claims
- Having claims rejected because they do not meet brand guidelines
- Managing social media and digital marketing
- Tracking their current fund availability
These are all things dealers find aggravating and stressful. Many of our clients came to us with these issues, and we helped solve them by creating and deploying technology to help execute and manage their programs. Believing that the human component is critical and knowing technology is only part of the equation, we also provide concierge support services to round out the experience. Each one of our clients is provided with a dedicated, client-specific, team that is readily available to respond to questions and inquiries from partners and client staff. By offering your partners tools that help increase sales and run their business more smoothly and effectively, they will start to consider you essential to their success.
Tip: Evaluate yourself. Do you have a co-op/co-marketing program? Are you leveraging technology to submit and process claims? Do you offer digital marketing support to your partners? If the answer to any of these questions is no, look to improve your offerings/programs in that area!
When you provide programs and support to help grow and improve your partners’ business and processes, you are becoming essential to their success. Stay tuned for part four of our six-part series discussing “Are You Providing Your Dealers with the Tools Needed to Succeed?” We would love to hear from you. If you want to talk further about this topic or if you have any other questions about your channel programs, give us a call at (319) 294-7501 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corporate Marketing Specialist